Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

Add Reply
New Poll

We Ain't Alike, Tag - Phil Coulson; Erik.
Rogues · 10 Posts
Posted on: Apr 4 2018, 12:28 AM
Played by Lazarus · 32 · Killmonger
Rogue
"I hope you’re ready bro, because I’m just getting started."
April 5, 2018

Things were quiet, that's how it was meant to be, Klaue was looking for buyers for the vibranium, money that'd only forge a path straight to Wakanda. It wasn't about the money though, this was about sending home a message. Killmonger was there, and just getting started on his path of destruction. People would learn the hard way that their oppressive nature was disgusting. Their people suffered and for what? So that the system could keep them caged like animals, hoping that they died off? Followed by their racist smarmy remarks of actually caring about black folk? Fuck them, none of 'em cared. If they had shit wouldn't have been so bad.

People were surely on his trail, especially groups like SHIELD that thought they had some sort of right to interfere in matters that didn't involve them. Nah, they needed to sit their asses down before someone made them. Hell, he wasn't opposed to doing it himself. So that was how he found himself lounging damn near regal in a coffee shop, glasses on, watching each person that walked by carefully, nothing missing his gaze. He'd placed himself in the back corner where both exits were in sight, and his own back was to a wall, a hand carefully grasping the mug in front of him.

A finger traced the rim of the cup, spotting a man in a suit approaching the shop. No hint of reaction even flickered on his face. Where did this white ass colonizer think he was going? The soft tinkle of the bell ahead was more than enough for a hand to drop to his lap, the holstered weapon ready to be drawn. He was aware that any one related to the Government would be weary - after all the training Erik held and the nickname that followed him was enough of a warning. You didn't fuck with him, 'less you wanted to be buried six feet down by the end of the day.

Dark hues barely moved from the coffee, lifting it to his mouth, taking a drink before placing it down. "You better get to steppin' colonizer, I ain't in any mood to deal with your kinda shit right now." The tone was flat, and his head tipped to the side slightly, nothing about him spoke of being welcoming. "I know a Government type when I see 'em and you're gonna get put down if you keep at it." That was the only warning to be had, followed by the soft click of the safety coming off from the hand gun.
----
Tag: @Phillip Coulson
SHIELD · 20 Posts
Posted on: Apr 4 2018, 02:37 PM
Played by SaberMom · Fifty-Three · Agent Coulson
SHIELD Team Lead
"I have faith in my team."
“Is it the suit that gives it away or the sunglasses?” Phil said, as if the other man had just invited him to sit and join him for coffee. He removed his sunglasses and slide them into the pocket of his jacket. He moved a few steps closer to the table, keeping his eyes on his opponent. To be honest, a rogue CIA trained black-ops soldier with the codename Killmonger was not what he expected. Klaue had been on SHIELD radar before and a museum heist that pinged the system for a 0-8-4 had been one thing. This case was turning into something else entirely.

Bulletproof vest under the suit jacket, check. Handgun where he could reach it on his belt under the suit jacket on his hip? Check. His eyes did a quick scan of the surroundings, noting the location of the patrons and the coffee shop wait staff. The first priority should have been about the 0-8-4, but the truth was Coulson was more concerned if Erik went after the surrounding civilians. Phil had stopped trying to not care about innocents a long time ago. Certainly like Nat he too had red in his ledger, but he liked to think that part of what came with experience was knowing how to minimize the threat to people around him.

“I’m Agent Coulson, from SHIELD and I am not here for a firefight. I’m here because an object was removed from the museum and up until that time it was removed it had not registered as an item of unknown origin. I’m just here to do threat assessment. Mind if I sit and we can talk about what you took?” Coulson kept his voice even as was his way. Granted, he had a sinking suspicion that no matter what he did here that Killmonger was going to pull a weapon. He wasn’t codevnamed ‘The Diplomat’ or ‘Talks through Things Before Shooting’.

---
@Erik Killmonger
Rogues · 10 Posts
Posted on: Apr 4 2018, 03:38 PM
Rogue
"You think you're funny or somethin'?" Erik stared down Phil, the corner of his mouth rising into a smile. Such an action that'd look more on home on a viper than him. It wasn't meant to instill ease. It was obvious that this SHIELD stooge wasn't about to fuck off, instead his attention slid to the number of people in the cafe themselves. Taking out a place like this really was below his pay grade but simple enough that it was tempting. "It's the way you walk. All law types walk like they got some sort of stick up their ass." With that he's taking another drink of the coffee despite his other hand tightly gripping the hand gun.

A snort escaped him, expression settling on neutral. Playing politics with anyone wasn't his idea of a day, alas that was where he was at in the current moment. "What I took? Bro do I look like a fat middle aged white guy?" A short bark of laughter followed those words, nodding his head to the empty chair across from him. Of course SHIELD had shown up, when didn't they mind their own god damn business with anything? Then they sent the whitest flour boy they could find, hell, talk about a system that really wanted to piss him off. Only redeeming thing about SHIELD was their director - and that was about as far as it went.

"All I did was educate a fool, that ain't against the law, so you got nothin' to bust me on Gramps." A brow lifted, and he sipped his coffee once more releasing the weapon, aware that the camera feed hadn't shown a thing. In fact, anyone that could've talked at that moment was dead. There more he thought on it, the more laughable the whole situation seemed. "Besides, shouldn't you be hunting for Klaue? Seems kind of stupid spending resources on a dead end." He leaned forward, voice dropping softly. "Cause I ain't telling you shit snowflake."

With that Erik leaned back, "Thirteen." There was thirteen civilians in the cafe, and they were all fodder if Phil did anything stupid. It was very much a hostage situation. "Each stupid question we subtract one, ain't that fun?" A warm smile settled in place.
-----
Tag: @Phillip Coulson
SHIELD · 20 Posts
Posted on: Apr 10 2018, 12:42 AM
SHIELD Team Lead
Phil Coulson nodded, taking an easy seat. He could stick to the facts, work with these parameters. He reminded himself to take this slowly, there was no need to be a hero here. No one was in danger, if he didn’t make any sudden moves or try to be a cowboy. Erik, codenamed Killmonger, had the faster reflexes and the physical advantage. He also had less to lose in this situation. Phil’s natural inclination was to care about civilians and his training was to protect people. Erik’s...well the name said it all didn’t it?

”I actually usually use humor as a way to deescalate a situation. Usually being a government type puts people on edge. As for Klaue, I’m pretty sure the CIA is actually trying to tail him. I’m not here to apprehend you. I’m here to figure out why a spear, that you said was misidentified, set off a 0-8-4. Will you explain the actual history of the item and do you know why it could be setting off our computer like that?”

Phil sat and go himself a cup of coffee. To anyone looking at Erik and Phil, it might look like just an ordinary business deal happening. He kept his body language as neutral as possible and kept his hands where Erik could see them on the table and then around a cup of coffee.

--
@Erik Killmonger
Rogues · 10 Posts
Posted on: Apr 11 2018, 12:35 PM
Rogue
A thoughtful stare was given toward Phil, it was akin to a wild cat watching its prey. The corner of his mouth rises into a hint of a smile, there was so much the world didn't know of Wakanda or its border, all assuming the nation was a third world country that couldn't fend for its self. "I wonder why, couldn't be the government actively puts down people who're trying their hardest to reach peaceful outcomes." There's a dry humor in Erik's own reply as if taunting Phil, but in truth, he'd seen too many people erased from the Government's reach and that has him cautious. SHIELD has more than enough people willing to drop into line to do what needs to be done, and in truth, he doesn't know what to make of them.

"He ain't stupid, even if he's a crazy old white guy, so when he gets away, because he will, m'sure that's gonna be your problem." There no malice in those words, just pointing out the obvious. After all Klaue has his own tricks. Releasing the gun he placed his own hands on the table, glancing toward the waitress, nodding his head to the coffee for a warm up. "Agent Coulson, was it? There's a lot you or your team don't know, ain't no shame in such a thin', I wouldn't get tied up in what's about to come though." After all the world was going to be changing, one person at a time, even if he had to force that change. What came with that force was making T'Challa give up the throne.

As he gets more coffee, attention focused solely on Phil. "What do you know about Wakanda, colonizer?" The corner of his mouth dipped into a frown. "Because that spears origin is from there." With that he's sipping his now hot coffee, seeming almost peaceful in their conversation. Anger was still there but he wasn't going to purposely push Phil too hard, not without learning a little information himself on why they were chasing this lead. There had to be so many out there already.
----
@Phillip Coulson
SHIELD · 20 Posts
Posted on: Apr 15 2018, 08:23 PM
SHIELD Team Lead
”Not much, which is the way Wakanda prefers it. There is a long standing isolationist policy which keeps their affairs in the world political affairs minimal. It is one of the few African countries to never have been colonized by a European nation. The vibranium that was used in Captain America’s shield was acquired from Africa, close to Wakanda’s borders - and how Howard Stark discovered it or purchased it is still a question. The Black Panther seems to be the figure we know the most about and even then, there are more questions than answers ,” Coulson said, looking to the man he sat across from. Wakanda was an unknown force, for the most part. They kept to themselves and very rarely did rumors of Wakandan agents appear in the international intelligence community. The Black Panther was the most well-known of these, and to say known was pretty much a misnomer.

He wondered exactly what drove the young man across from him to become the perfect killing machine. Granted, many would argue that the killing was all on the side of good and justice, killing for the United States government around the world. Phil wondered though, like he did often with his own agents, how one kept their soul while sometimes having to do very terrible things. His team, he tried to protect them from those types of missions, but like May in Bahrain, sometimes their work left them with two terrible choices and no right answers.

”If the spear came from Wakanda, it’s makeup could be vibranium, meaning it would set off the SHIELD computer,” Coulson said, taking a drink of his coffee. If that was the case, Coulson had to make a judgement call of whether to allow the artifact to remain in the hands of Klaue or to attempt to retrieve it.

The mystery was deepening, but at least this hadn't turned into a fire fight, yet.

--
@Erik Killmonger
Rogues · 10 Posts
Posted on: Apr 18 2018, 11:15 AM
Rogue
While Coulson spoke, Erik stared at him as if pondering just how much the Americans had in their agencies. Apparently not a lot from the sounds of it. Mulling over that the corner of his mouth pulled up in a hint of a smile. "So what you mean to say is you don't know shit." Cutting to the chase was always the way he'd been, after all most people didn't have the time to work on such a scale where they could let out every piece of information. Leaning back in the chair, his body posture seemed almost harmless, like a man contemplating what to do next. Erik Stevens was anything but harmless.

Regarding Phil he glanced around them, habit mostly to make sure the perimeter was secure. "From the sounds of it, the Americans are already tryin' to buy from Klaue so even if you try to move in you might not have much of a chance colonizer." With that he's taking another drink of his coffee. A part of him severely loathed Klaue, wanting nothing more than to tear the arrogant bastard to shreds, but each piece in a game had its use, and right now that's man part was in play. So he wasn't about to balk away from the conversation with this agent, even if both of them seemed at odds with the other.

"Wakanda has a lot of secrets, Agent, but one thing is true. It ain't no third world country. Consider this, a nation with the power to destroy all others if it so chose to. Yet they remain peaceful, only protecting their own." Teeth flashed in a smile that might've fit a wild jaguar more than a young man. "All I'm saying is you think you know something? You don't know shit. People only know about Black Panther because of T'Challa." His cousin would get his own ass kicking soon enough, right then though, Erik was more interested in what SHIELD would do to Klaue.
====
@Phillip Coulson
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG-Directory ideal world Vendetta Wrestling Alliance  GLITTER & GOLD 

skin by luna @ caution/shine. code script by jawn @ back to neverland.
skin edited and all graphics created by Staff of Ascension. Marvel characters, locations, and other narrative material are owned by Marvel Comics, all original characters and story content are attributed to their respective creators.